Information: Into Film and our partner organisations, Nerve Belfast, Curriculum Innovation in Bradford, and Bristol, City of Film, are proposing an exciting new 3-year film literacy and cross-curricular learning project for primary schools. Film for Learning will offer high quality teacher training and access to film-based learning activities, tools and frameworks designed to support improvement in pupil attainment. Central to our approach is access to, and participation in arts-based learning activities and a sustainable model of teacher training and in-school support, designed for sustained change beyond the life of the project, both for teachers involved directly in the programme and for colleagues and pupils throughout the school.
- · Training and collaborative support for each school’s designated senior leader in the design and implementation of the project to maximise the potential for whole school change and implementation into the school development plan and training and support for two teachers per school:
- · There will be three teacher development days in year one, during which teachers will be trained in using film literacy and curricular filmmaking in the classroom, have opportunities to develop and share with a network of teachers and practitioners and receive resources and frameworks to easily implement film teaching and learning into the classroom.
- · In year two, during the additional three teacher development days, teachers will be further supported in film teaching and learning strategies but also the development of leadership skills to enable each teacher to become a ‘film leader’ who will cascade new skills, knowledge and pedagogy throughout the school and at a whole staff training towards the end of year two.
- · Three days of in-school support in year one, during which a Film for Learning practitioner will attend the school to support teachers in the delivery of film based lessons and collation of evidence. This will continue in year two with a further three days which will include support in planning for delivery of whole school training in Year 2.
- · Opportunities for teachers and senior leaders to develop and share learning with colleagues, peers, delivery partners and arts organisations in London, Bradford, Belfast and Bristol
- · Access to a newly developed website with resources, exemplars, case studies, and an online sharing platform
- · Online and telephone support
- · A range of opportunities, including end of year sharing events, to celebrate and showcase good practice