The Curriculum Innovation Service is a fully traded team within Bradford Council’s IT Services. The service is comprised of the Curriculum Innovation Team, the Bradford Learning Network (BLN) and the Education ICT Team bringing together the experience and expertise of educationalists, consultants, technologists and media professionals to consult on a wide range of projects and initiatives. We work in close partnership with schools, communities and local businesses as well as a range of regional and national organisations.
The Curriculum Innovation consultants are experts in their field with many years of primary school teaching experience. The team delivers high-quality training and support to schools and other partners in Bradford and the local region. We have a national reputation for leading innovation in the education sector. Besides having specialist knowledge of the Computing Curriculum we also have an impressive track record of raising attainment across the curriculum through the effective use of new and emerging technologies. All consultants are qualified Online Safety Mark Assessors, CEOP Ambassadors, and Into Film CPD Practitioners.
We offer a range of provision including:
- Creating appropriate schemes of work and teaching materials to enable teachers to meet the needs of the Primary Computing Curriculum.
- Developing and modelling 3rd millennium learning pedagogies to raise attainment across the curriculum.
- Increasing staff skills, knowledge and confidence of using technology safely and effectively.
- Presenting a range of bespoke courses, events, qualifications and conferences.
- Delivering research and development projects utilising new and emerging technologies.
- Working with regional and national partners to develop and deliver cost effective CPD to build sustainable communities of practice through effective partnerships.
- Providing advice and guidance with regard to the secure, safe and responsible use of mobile technologies (specifically iPads).
- Access to modern conferencing & training facilities.
- Digital media provision including printing, laser etching and filming/editing digital film or online video content.
- Providing access to secure, robust and fast internet connectivity.
- Supporting the effective deployment of Chromebooks across an organisation including the configuration and management of G Suite.